About Clayton Ruebensaal
Clayton Ruebensaal leads global marketing for The Ritz-Carlton Hotel Company. He was responsible for launching their current brand platform “Let Us Stay With You” in 2011. He was named an Internationalist of the Year in 2013. Since then his team has launched a new global website, a mobile app with on and off property functionality, unique websites for China and Japan, a new partnership with Mercedes-Benz China, and integrated efforts across the globe to tell the brand’s amazing story to luxury consumers.
Prior to The Ritz-Carlton, Clayton was CEO of British advertising agency Beattie McGuinness Bungay’s New York office—just as BMB became agency of the year in the UK after three years in business. He also served as CEO of Cliff Freeman & Partners (2008-2009). He spent much of his career at international advertising agency BBDO as EVP, Account Director leading The Economist, Sony, Pepsi’s Aquafina, and ETRADE. Early career roles included positions at Deutsch and Grey.
Clayton lives in Washington D.C. with his sons Penn and Hucksley and wife Rebecca who still needs convincing that a trip to Krabi, Thailand is considered work.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
FOREWORD by Bob Liodice
RETHINKING Accepted Notions of BrandBuilding
- Lee Nadler Shares how Passion is at the Heart of MINI’s Powerful Image
- Carmen d’Ascendis of Brown-Forman Explains How to Keep an International Brand Relevant… When Relevance is Increasingly a Moving Target.
- Jason Hill Shares how GE has Moved from Advertiser to Publisher of Content on a Global Stage
TRANSFORMATION as an Essential Way Forward
- Pete Blackshaw Outlines Nestlé’s Digital Transformation to Build Brands and Delight Consumers
- Huawei’s Amy Lou Discusses How Building an Ecosystem Challenges Marketers to Embrace Transformation
- Barbara Basney of Xerox Talks about the Global Transformation of a Legacy Brand
CHALLENGING the Status Quo to Create New Frameworks
- Simon Sproule Builds Tesla’s Global Image in a New World by Challenging Classic Marketing Concepts
- The Ritz-Carlton’s Clayton Ruebensaal Envisions a New Era of Brand Communications
- Dana Anderson of Mondelēz Embraces Marketing Reinvention through Creativity and Collaboration
PURPOSE Instilling Purpose by Thinking through New Actions
- Itaú Unibanco’s CMO Fernando Chacon is Revolutionizing a Bank’s Marketing to “Change People’s World for the Better.”
- Zita Cassizzi Discusses TOMS’ Sustainable Giving through Business in a Digital World
- Morten Albæk of Vestas Rewrites the Rules of Business Marketing for a Transparent, Connected World
LEADERSHIP New Views of Marketing Leadership
- Colgate Palmolive’s Nadine Karp McHugh Talks about Creative Problem-Solving and Change Leadership to Navigate a New Marketing World
- Mengniu’s Jesper Colding, originally from Denmark, Leads one of China’s Key Companies to Become a Brand-Building Organization
- Joe Tripodi of Coca-Cola Discusses the New Ideals of Marketing Leadership
Return to Reinvention of Marketing
How to Purchase The Reinvention of Marketing
Available from The Internationalist Press in Hardcover or Paperback with Shipping to North America, Europe and China.
A Kindle Version is available from Amazon.